Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of High School

So today was my first day of highschool! I know most of you assumed that I was in highschool already, to bad you were wrong! Anyway today was my first day as a freshie, and I must say it wasn't as amazing as I expected. The day started out with a homeroom full of people I don't know and a stack of documents my parents had to sign. That was fine I guess a bit boring because we were just sitting there for about 10 minutes without anybody even speaking. After homeroom I finally got to start the actual day. The first thing I must address is how SMALL my locker is... I could barely fit the 6 binders I needed in there, much less my whole backpack so I decided just to keep it with me for the day. My first class was Algebra 2 honors. The teacher was a guy which kinda surprised me, I've never had a male teacher for something like math, the only male teachers I've had were for Tech, Gym, Science and Art. He seemed pretty cool just a little strict. He snapped at this one student for talking while he was talking which kinda surprised me cause he seemed to be really laid back at first. During the class we just talked about the MANY rules he had and he gave us some papers for out parents to sign, then like that the class was over. Second period was Biology, another male teacher, and a cool one at that. He was super laid back. He gave us this giant packet of papers, at first I thought he was going to give us a whole bunch of work, but it ended up to be the notes for the ENTIRE YEAR. Yeah you read that right, he typed out and gave us notes for the entire year on the first day. So no copying, no taking notes during lectures, just elaboration. Then he gave us some papers to sign and we did a lab about reaction time...which was awesome cause it was super easy. Right after Biology we got an announcement that the Air conditioning was broken...probably not the best news I had heard all day. Third period was history, female teacher. Even though I don't really like history the teacher seemed cool. She was one of those teachers that is borderline appropriate for school (she threatened to stab somebody in the eye for talking). The class sounded like it would be a lot of work but she was a pretty funny teacher. Next was English. The teacher was kinda annoying. Made bad jokes in class, desperately tried to entertain us, and had wayyyy to many rules. By this time it was about 87 degrees inside and everybody was irritable. I think the worst thing about her was she freaked out when she saw my headphones around my neck. I hadn't been listening to them and they were just there cause I didn't want to put them in my backpack and cause...they look cool. But when she saw them she freaked out even though I didn't even have my iPod in my pocket (it was inside my backpack safe from the outside elements). She was the first teacher all day who made me put it away. My history teacher had asked about it but when I showed her I didn't have my iPod on me she was entirely cool with it. So she made me put them in my backpack. Fifth period was "Inquiry Skills". Basically it's just a class teaching us how to write papers and study...yeah and its an elective...anyway this teacher also made me put my headphones away. It was the biggest class I had had so far. All day I was with the same 11 or 12 people in each class because of the IB program that I am in. I guess this class grouped together 2 different IB groups so there was like 30 people in this class. This teacher was also annoying, she attempted to make small talk with us which I found to be irksome and uninteresting. Then she complained because we were quiet and withdrawn. The main reasons why we weren't talking was because she was sitting at the front of the room talking the whole time, and nobody really wanted to interrupt her and because it was 90 DEGREES INSIDE. Everybody was sweaty and disgusting and nobody wanted to talk it was just to hot. After fifth period was lunch, at my school you can eat wherever you want on the school campus so I kinda just wandered around with my friends. Sixth period was French. My teacher seemed pretty cool and she let us sit in front of a fan in turns. Also her supplies and rules were simple, and she didn't care about my headphones. Last period was Art which was pretty fun. The only downside was he gave us assigned seats. Again didn't care about my headphones. And like that the day was over. All I had to do after school was get a bunch of papers signed by my parental unit and blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment